Monday 18 June 2012

Oh yes, I did it.....I did it my way....

Hey there I could be mean and say yes I did it all on my own, no help from my friends or my grandson but nah, they did it for me, bless em and thank you to them.

I know that no one will believe me as it was the same when I wrote "Daffodils", I wandered lonely as a cloud........., I told em all it was my work, I had written it, did they believe me NO!!!  The trouble was it was that there fella William Wordsworth, he signed it he claimed it as his.  Well as he was a few years older than me I had to concede and say "alright then, let him have the glory, age before beauty"!!!  I know the truth though, it was me....well I typed it didnt I!!!!

I wonder how our famous people came to write their signatures, ok ok with a quill, duh, I'm not that stooopid!!   Poor old birds in that time, how many went without their tail feathers, just imagine them all walking around bare bottomed, not on eh!! Ere I am talking about the birds of a feather!  Look at William's, his surname is Wordsworth, we could say worth a word or two because he wrote some brilliant pieces.  I wonder if that is his proper name, I have never looked up his story.  Was it ordained that he should be worth a word or two, was he christened Wordsworth or did he realise his potential and became Wordsworth.  The positive approach.

Let us take our minds back to the days when the word was worth such a lot, no telly, no radios etc. etc. everything given by word.  Stories made up and passed around, stories made up much beauty was found and yet, what about the tales of woe the tale of the lover with far to go.  He put his lament on, you know I was going to say paper but was it always paper, there was such a thing as papyrus (is that the right spelling, you can tell I am just writing this off the cuff).  If I am to appear in the least bit intelligent, no openings there please folk, I am going to have to do a bit of research.......good old google!!

This is Jules signing off for a moment or two........

2 comments:

  1. Jules, what a lovely read...I smiled as I read every word of it. You're a natural.
    Looking forward to reading many more of your blogs.

    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Pauline love, I do appreciate your words. xxxx

    ReplyDelete