Sunday 8 July 2012

Theatre



Well as I said I was going to watch the young teens with their musical production of The King and I, it was brilliant.  These teens have been practicing for quite a long time now.  The Director, being fair to the ones who could handle the main characters, had the last night for the understudies.  My granddaughters were just that, understudies.

I went feeling quite apprehensive as one gdaughter, age 15, had never handled a great role before, I was worried that she would not remember her words.  She was fantastic, I am so pleased with her, her handling of Anna was an eye opener  taking into account the age she is and the attitude she has at times when she is asked to please keep good time when out.  She is definitely feeling her feet, but her acting gave her a quality which I hadnt seen before.  So adult, the dress was fantastic, Scarlet move over lass!

The 12 year old had a much lesser part, I do believe that her nerves got to her but she managed to get herself out of trouble, that in itself is a great thing. 

The scenery was fantastic, all handled with care by one of the older original members, having now left the acting side he proved himself capable of being something just as important.

The group began about 7 years ago, my husband and I have been to every performance and have nothing but admiration for the Directors and all who help.  They are giving the youngsters something to fight for, something which keeps them off of the streets for a while.

My eldest gdaughter, age 20,  now left and having been in spectacular productions through the courtesy of their teaching at College, hopes to have a gap year but then go into acting school.  Hopefully she will achieve her dream as she to is very brilliant.  I am not just speaking of my own, many of the people who take part, should be congratulated on their fantastic recognition of the art of Theatre.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog!

    Good luck to your grand daughter Jules xx she's lucky you're encouraging her dream... keep her on track, im sure she can do it, we see others who suceed, why not her. Keep us posted Love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love it Sal, it is a hard thing to get into professionally though. I have nothing but admiration to all of them for all the hard work which is put into a production.

      Delete